marketingenious     Marketing The Church     Marketing that Rocks     Marketing Toolbar     Email Michael


Sunday, July 09, 2006

Initial Feedback

I have my first few responses about the course. Most of it is corrections of spelling and grammar or confusion about how to navigate the site. I feel a little discouraged by all of the negative feedback. I did have one person say he thought the material was good so that made me feel better.

I have felt the same way about teaching my online courses at the university. In 5 years I have had only 2 questions about the material in the course. Every question is about how to navigate the site or technical problems. I guess I should have expected this. I am frustrated because I can not (or do not know how) to control many of the things people are asking for. I'm a teacher, not an IT guy. For the university I refer people to the help desk, but I am not able to do that with CMPU, at least not yet.

On the other hand, it is nice to have some more people looking at things. They give me a different perspective on what it is like to see the site (or any educational site) for the first time. I am so used to using this type of software and have to figure things out on my own that I take it for granted that others will do the same.

I love this course software! It is so much better than what I use at the university. There are some awesome administrative tools and I love the way the discussion forums are set up. For my university course I have to log into the site (a 4 step process) and then check each discussion area to see if anyone has posted something new. In this course you have the option to subscribe to discussion forums and you get an html email with the post that allows you to reply or go to the site. That is cool!

Even though there are some questions about how the site is set up, I know it is better than anything else on the market I have used. As long as people are getting something from the material this should be a hit!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mate,

don't worry about the "negative" stuff. A well-known adage in NLP goes "there is no failure, only feedback". You've got a product no-one else has yet. That makes you unique already. It's easy to "bag" someones work, especially when it is really good and you wished you had been able to come up with it first....!

Stick with your faith (both ways!) and trust that in time this course is a grand thing all over the world.

Cheers,
Marc

Wed Jul 12, 03:24:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home