marketingenious     Marketing The Church     Marketing that Rocks     Marketing Toolbar     Email Michael


Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Why CMP?

In 1997 I decided I wanted to do an online course. At the time I was working at Hope International University coordinating the online MBA program. Everything was done by email. There were no graphics, chat rooms or formal papers. I had students across the globe from Uganda to the Ukraine, from Palo Alto to the Phillipines. It was great!

In 2000 I started teaching marketing courses at Concordia University in Irvine, CA. The students were great and we had a lot of fun. One thing I did not like was the overpriced and out of date 500 page text book. Marketing has some key principles (I have identified 7), but it is more of an art than a science. It is constantly changing as people, products and markets change.

I wrote my own book to use in my class called The Seven Keys to Marketing Genius: The Complete Guide to Increasing Your Marketing IQ. It is a practical guide for marketing professionals and novices alike. Many people have commented that they like how the material is accessible and practical.

Since writing the book I have been looking around the web and have found some great marketing materials, seminars and information. Most of this stuff could be very useful to entrepreneurs and business people trying to gain an edge. The only problem is that the data is so random. Most of it focuses on the promotional aspects of marketing- things like websites, ads, brochures. Without a sound strategy behind your promotions you are wasting money.

Since I have an academic background and have been teaching on line for several years I decided to create an alternative to the traditional degree program and the scattered bits of information available on the web. The alternative is a course that credentials you as a Certified Marketing Professional (CMP).



CMP University takes you through the Seven Keys book and then has you apply the material by answering questions and participating in discussions. CMP also coaches you through the process of creating your own marketing plan that you can implement for your business right away.

Are you looking for a way to take your business to the next level? Check out CMP University and take the marketing IQ test to see if you are a marketing genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home